Join Red Rope, a great way to get out and meet people!
How do I join – and what does it cost?
Red Rope has an annual membership fee. Red Rope charges are variable according to income – so it’s cheap for the low paid and un-waged, but less cheap for the high-paid. See the membership charges page for more details.
Just print out the Membership Form, fill it in and post it to the membership secretary (address on the form) along with the subscription fee. (Yes its old-school paper and a cheque).
Membership Form PDF file: RedRope Membership Form (2016_05)
What do I get?
- You’re part of the Club! So you get a Membership Card (useful for discounts – see below)
- Monthly Information Sheet the ‘MIS’, emailed to you, listing all our upcoming walks, climbs and social events for the whole of the UK
- The magazine-style Red Rope Bulletin with news of what we have all been doing.
- Members rates on trips
Benefits through affiliation with British Mountaineering Council (BMC) and Mountaineering Scotland (for Scotland members)
- Summit magazine delivered by post four times a year for members in England & Wales
- Scottish Mountaineer magazine for members in Scotland
- Access to BMC and/or Mountaineering Scotland member services
- Outdoor activity travel insurance at BMC rates
Many retail discounts available on sporting goods and guidebooks, some arranged through Red Rope, many more through our affiliation to BMC or Mountaineering Scotland
See more on our Discounts page
So come and join us!
Just print out the Membership Form (see top of this page), fill it in and post it to the membership secretary (address on the form) along with the subscription fee.
See the membership charges page for subscription rates.