Join Red Rope, a great way to get out and meet people!
How do I join – and what does it cost?
Red Rope has an annual membership fee. Red Rope charges are variable according to income – so high income members pay a bit more and lower income pay a bit less. That way we share the costs of the club fairly. See the membership charges page for more details.
New! Join up online!
If you want to join online you can – and you can choose to pay using a one-off bank debit, or send a cheque if you prefer.
For online payment we use a service called WebCollect, and a payment system called GoCardless which takes a one-off debit from your bank account.
The link below will open a tab with our WebCollect page:
Old School – paper and cheque
Just print out the Membership Form, fill it in and post it to the membership secretary (address on the form) along with the subscription fee.
Membership Form PDF file: RedRope Membership Form 2018
What do I get?
- You’re part of the Club! – and get to join in club activities.
- You’ll get a Membership Card (useful for discounts – see below)
- The Monthly Information Sheet the ‘MIS’, will be emailed to you, listing all our upcoming walks, climbs and social events for the whole of the UK
- The magazine-style Red Rope Bulletin with news of what we have all been doing.
- Members rates on trips
- Affiliation as club member to BMC (British Mountaineering Council) or Mountaineering Scotland (for Scotland members)
Affiliation with BMC and Mountaineering Scotland brings you:
- Summit magazine delivered by post four times a year for members in England & Wales
- Scottish Mountaineer magazine for members in Scotland
- Access to BMC and/or Mountaineering Scotland member services
- Outdoor activity travel insurance can be purchased at BMC rates
Many retail discounts available on sporting goods and guidebooks, some arranged through Red Rope, many more through our affiliation to BMC or Mountaineering Scotland
See more on our Discounts page
So come and join us!
Use our new online joining link above or…
if you prefer paper, print out the Membership Form (see top of this page), fill it in and post it to the membership secretary (address on the form) along with the subscription fee.
See the membership charges page for subscription rates.