Announcing a New System – Annual January Subscriptions
Following a discussion at the 2017 AGM, Red Rope is moving to an Annual Subscription. Renewals are due in January 2018 and last one full year.
Any NEW MEMBER joining from October to December 2017 will get a full year’s membership until end of December 2018. People joining in the second half of the year will be charged slightly less to take them to December 2018 renewal date.
Any Member renewing from October to December 2017 will get a full year’s membership until end of December 2018.
All members need to renew by end of January 2018 for 2018 – for this first year members will get a refund cheque sent to them for the part of the year for which they have already paid.
How much does it cost?
All Red Rope charges are scaled according to income. This means that it is very cheap for the low paid and un-waged while a bit more (but still great value) for the more wealthy.
All members pay an annual subscription charge.
This charge is based on your ‘relevant income’.
To calculate your subscription fee, work out your monthly (or weekly) ‘relevant income’, and then look up your band in the table below. This tells you how much to pay and what ‘band’ to put on the Membership Form.
Working out your ‘Relevant income’
- Work out your total income from all sources, including interest on savings, all benefits including child benefit and tax credit, and rent from lodgers or sub-tenants
- Include housing benefit (if you have it) up to £75 per week (£325 a month).
- Deduct tax and National Insurance contributions only (not occupational pension contributions, SAYE, mortgage repayments etc.)
- If you have dependents, e.g. children, one parent/carer per family may deduct a further £20 per week (£87 per month) from their income.
- If your income varies from month to month, total the relevant income for the past three months and divide by thirteen (for weekly figure) or three (for monthly income)
- Then find your band and your charge for a years’ membership
Your ‘income band’ is based on your relevant income, as follows:
|Band||Weekly relevant income||Monthly relevant income||Annual Subscription|
|5||£616 and above||£2666 and above||£50|
|4||up to £615||up to £2665||£40|
|3||up to £400||up to £1733||£28|
|2||up to £275||up to £1192||£19|
|1||up to £180||up to £780||£12.50|
NOTE: These rates are applicable from December 2017
Red Rope is founded on socialist principles and a concept of sharing. The bands are intended as a guide to a minimum subscription. You may adopt a higher band if you feel that is where you should be.
To Join just print off the Membership Form and send it with your cheque to the Membership Sec. (address on the form) Membership Form PDF file: RedRope Membership Form 2018
Renewing your Membership
The club’s membership year will run from January to December. When it is time to renew you’ll get a reminder by email, telling you how to renew your membership.